Sister's 40th

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 2 November 2008 12.45pm
My sister is 40 this month. We never get each other presents so she won't be expecting one, but I want to get her something nice. I want to spend between 50 and 100. I don't want something funny/silly. Any ideas?
Jac
Sunday 2 November 2008 2.54pm
A bit of pampering doesn't go amiss when you hit 40. One of my best 40th pressies was a voucher for a beauty treatment/massage. Fits your price bracket nicely.
Monday 3 November 2008 4.44pm
Thanks Jac. I never realised you girlies were so into these things. My post on another forum got the same suggestion.
Keep them coming though people as I obviously have no idea.
Monday 3 November 2008 5.09pm
I have to agree with Jac. It's a great gift, and something you don't necessarily get for yourself. It did make me think of something else I got for my 40th which was a "make it yourself Kaleidoscope". Brilliant good fun. If you look for anything like that, the Science Museum did a "Night sky in your room" last year which was a very well received gift. These come around 10, so enough left over to get her a pampering session as well! You'r going to be soooo popular!
Tuesday 4 November 2008 2.45pm
Have a look at this site. I found the mobile library one a fantastic gift.

http://www.goodgiftsshop.org/products.aspx?popular=1
Tuesday 4 November 2008 5.50pm
I went online and researched "top London hairdressers." Finding one with virtually 100% positive comments I checked it out personally and bought my wife a 100 gift voucher as an anniversary gift. She had been experimenting with changing her hairstyle and I did not like where she was going with it. Only a mug would tell his wife, "Don't like your hair like that kiddo," but armed with the voucher, she asked the stylist for advice, came back happy and looking like a million dollars and I got a few brownie points.
Jac
Wednesday 5 November 2008 12.04pm
I was "40" again on monday and lucky me got a voucher for another massage. I have such good friends:)
Saturday 8 November 2008 7.07pm
What about a pedicure and manicure with foot spa and a lovely meal after that?

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: