Posting question

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 27 January 2009 10.55am
When I post to a thread, after I click "Post message" I am always kicked out into the front page of the site with a "Thanks for posting" at the top. I assume this is the way the site is set up? Or is it because I'm on a Mac using Safari?

If it's deliberate, my feedback is that it's less than optimal for the user, as you then have to click back into whatever forum you were in before, and every page on the site takes a long time to load.
Tuesday 27 January 2009 12.11pm
Yes, that's how it works for everyone.

The "thank you" page is not actually a carbon copy of the front page, but the intention was to encourage forum posters to sample some of the content available on other parts of the site.

Others have commented on it before. I'm not keen on removing it, but the page is probably due for a refresh, though.

I'll also look into the speed issues with page loading times. I have a couple of ideas which might speed things up.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 28 January 2009 8.25am
I understand, but I'm guessing most people who post here are already familiar with the other areas of the site. I know I always check the front page, and some of the other forums, when I visit. Maybe you could just add a line to the top of the forum where the person has just posted saying "Thanks for posting! Have you visited our other pages?" or something like that?

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: