Can you help spread the word about this website?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 16 February 2009 12.04pm
Dear all,

A couple of years ago many users of this site very kindly helped to publicise this website by distributing promotional cards to their neighbours, colleagues etc.

We now have a third edition of the card - this time with some explanatory text on the back:

One thing that we have learnt is that with a relatively transient population, you can never stop promoting the site.

So if you think that you could stick a card or two on a noticeboard in your block or you'd like a stack of cards for your cafe/pub/bar/office/community hall or other venue, please let us know via

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/spreadtheword

Many thanks.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Tuesday 17 February 2009 7.32am
Have you contacted Southwark Council about perhaps posting the card on noticeboards in Council-run properties? That would provide massive reach.

Tuesday 17 February 2009 9.08am
link posted on our intranet
Wednesday 18 February 2009 10.28am
Have you considered promoting this via a FaceBook group?

There are two options - either the viral option of people encouraging others to join-up, this is very successful in driving traffic.

There is also the option to take paid advertising. A recent campaign we did got a great response rate. Probably best to message me directly if you want to know more, or want help setting-up as I don't want anyone to think I'm working for the website!

You'd also appear in searches whenever someone searched for "London" or "SE1".
Friday 20 February 2009 5.25pm
Good to meet you, James. It occurred to me, on the way home, that I learned about the Colombo Centre through an ad on the back page of your Newspaper! So - thank you....for putting me through 3 years of toil, tears and sweat, lol.

Have a good weekend.
Tuesday 28 April 2009 7.48am
I've not used the cards recently, but have published this:

http://life.hereisthecity.com/get_cultured/entertainment/culture/936.cntns

Here Is The City is an on-line news service mainly aimed at people working in the City and has a life-style section where this article was published as of today.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: