slow loading website?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 5 November 2009 1.15pm
Has anyone else noticed this site is incredibly slow to load at the moment? I thought it was my rubbish pc when I logged in last night, but I just logged in again and all the other sites I've visited are loading fine except this one. Is it you or is it me? (probably me, I know)
Thursday 5 November 2009 1.42pm
Yes - I've noticed it too... I keep getting errors too! :o(
Thursday 5 November 2009 1.44pm
No it's not just you Pat. The site is very slow today, it takes about 10 seconds to load a forum page. I suspect it's a database issue rather than the website. James will probably move this thread to the "Feedback" section.
Thursday 5 November 2009 2.39pm
I've been getting error messages today too. I thought the site might be down for a fix and would come back super-fast....
Thursday 5 November 2009 2.39pm
Sorry folks - it does seem to be even slower than normal.

I've just rebooted the server which seems to have improved things a little.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Thursday 5 November 2009 3.17pm
Yes, much better now! Thanks James.

The good old 'turn it off and on again' solves the problem yet again ;o)

Friday 11 December 2009 9.18pm
Having real problems trying to load the website at work for the past two days. Has the server been down??
Friday 11 December 2009 9.21pm
Been fine here. Could work have blocked it?
Friday 11 December 2009 10.06pm
Its fine at home to! Its just work, it takes the green bar a long time to go anywhere and then times out.
Monday 1 February 2010 2.26pm
Hi James,

Site is still running slowly for me and in IE6 and Firefox 3 the forums often only load a few of threads and I have to continually refresh to see the whole board - I know IE6 is a real pain, but thought Firefox was usually ok on most sites.

Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: