people asking the most amazing questions of this website

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3
jackie rokotnitz Saturday 23 July 2011 12.54pm
I fear we've been invaded by another unbalanced poster...such vehemence is quite baffling. And as James said and I said before that, we KNOW that the site is policed most effectively by James and anyone trying to flog services is generally picked up within a post or two. Bankside1 seems to have a problem.
sarahse1 Saturday 23 July 2011 6.39pm
Maybe Bankside1 is about to set up his own SE1ers website ?!
dronid Thursday 28 July 2011 9.08am
It would be very helpful to be told what the problem was or if there was somewhere or some service to avoid rather than be astonishingly cryptic and then clam up. Well, either they'll say what their bugbear is or they'll never come back.

I will say I've found the site very reliable over the years and tend to be able to view too much hyperbole with a reasonable level of cynicism (though I may be too enthusiastic with some of my recommendations)!

It is interesting that someone thinks of this as anything other than a community group – indeed as some puppet of local businesses. The way we solve those issues is by raising them rather than moaning that there’s an unspecified problem that some editing team who comb every entry for verisimilitude should have spotted.

Oh well. We think you’re doing a great job James!
phoney Thursday 28 July 2011 8.14pm
ver·i·si·mil·i·tude

–noun
the appearance or semblance of truth; likelihood; probability: The play lacked verisimilitude.

something, as an assertion, having merely the appearance of truth.

Blimey, my vocabularly needs improving. Don't recall that in the Readers Digest.
lexse1 Monday 1 August 2011 4.10pm
What disappoints us is that we seemed to have been dragged into this, purely by a fan of ours stating her delight in us. Can you really be too OTT over something that really floats your own particular boat?That fan then has her judgement and character questioned. My business partner and I feel very deflated and have spent an afternoon trying to construct a reply that is succint, honest and based on fact. This then also affects my life partner. It's very hard not to become too emotionally involved in what you are very proud of and then unfounded accusations are levelled at a person that loves what we love to do.

I think any disparraging comments levelled at any individual or business that are unfounded, without basis and deragatory should be deleted and the persons account removed from the site. I totally agree with freedom of speech based on honesty and fact. We also encourage open constructive feedback, we are trying to build our business around it.

SE1 is for locals about locals its not News Ltd.
James Hatts Monday 1 August 2011 7.36pm
I've replied over on the other thread.

I appreciate your strong feelings and I urged people to hold back from the snide responses to Kim's post.

However you have to understand what happened to akin in the context of a very long history of proven fake reviews and endorsements from restaurants and other local businesses.

It is the illegal astroturfing that has spoilt things for people who are honest and sincere in their posts.

Editor of the London SE1 website and SE1 Direct newsletter
lexse1 Monday 1 August 2011 8.29pm
Then correct these posts for honesty and sincerity.
beetroot Monday 1 August 2011 9.02pm
Well for what it's worth, lexse1, your responses on the other thread made me want to visit your pub.
boroughonian Saturday 24 September 2011 8.45pm
jackie rokotnitz wrote:
I fear we've been invaded by another unbalanced poster...such vehemence is quite baffling. And as James said and I said before that, we KNOW that the site is policed most effectively by James and anyone trying to flog services is generally picked up within a post or two. Bankside1 seems to have a problem.

Unless your names Phil and your big!

Not that I have a particular problem with advertising on here,it's either allowed or it's not.
boroughonian Sunday 25 September 2011 6.16pm
The thing is,there are legitimate ads at the top of the page,i would assume that some payment or donation has been made by these good people,so,if i'm right there,why should people be able to advertise on here free of charge?

Bankside se1,i would guess,has been around here for a long long time,I don't think it's right or fair to call him an invader,especially as he states he used to post on here before,a while ago.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3

To post a message, you must be a registered user. If you are already registered, please log in.

Subscribe now

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,300+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum

Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions