Where has my post gone?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 23 July 2011 9.53pm
I logged on and replied to a post in the “Borough Market in Evening Standard” thread. I hit “post” and the next thing I saw was that the thread had been closed. A short while later, the thread was re-opened, my post gone into the ether it seems? The posting wasn’t defamatory or disparaging, maybe little mocking regarding another poster being called a piece of “parsley”. But the post disappeared…
Saturday 23 July 2011 10.01pm
Hi mon2

I didn't see any post by you last night - it wasn't removed on purpose, so I can only guess that because your post coincided with the closure of the thread, the forum software couldn't cope with an attempt to add a new message to a closed thread and your message disappeared into the ether. The situation doesn't arise very often so I'm not sure if there's an error message that is displayed when that happens.

I'm sorry about that.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Saturday 23 July 2011 10.35pm
Thanks for the prompt reply and explanation.
Monday 15 August 2011 10.15pm
Hello James,
I read your post saying that the BM thread had been removed and that you were informing us all of the fact in the interests of transparency.
What i feel would really be in the interests of transparency is if you could explain why it was removed?
Thank you

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: