Google ads

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 12 March 2012 2.05pm
The site seems to link most forum subject pages to a Google ads link (which shows a 'relevant' ad in t e top right of my screen (under 'control panel' and 'log out') which means, for example, if I press my browser's back history, it doesn't take me back to the forum page. It is also slowing down the loading of pages.
Monday 12 March 2012 2.47pm
Hi Gavin,

The ads shouldn't interfere with the functioning of your browser's 'back' button in any way.

Nor have I made any changes to the position or number of ads for at least a year, so if the behaviour that you are describing is something that's only happened recently, I suspect the problem may lie elsewhere.

The presence of the ads will slow things down slightly, but they pay for the running of the site, so obviously there has to be a tradeoff.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 12 March 2012 2.56pm
Just to add - it might be helpful to know what browser you are using, in case there is a browser-specific problem.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 12 March 2012 4.11pm
Hi James

Thanks for your response. I use IE7 at home and IE9 at home. I do understand it is a necessary trade-off re paying for the site and the problem hasn't been going on for as long as year so maybe it is something at my end (my home machine is very slow anyway). Basically it just three or four 'back pages'(all of googleads origin) before returning to the index page.

Many thanks

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: