Spam on Forum

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 5 July 2012 10.17am
We seem to have been infiltrated by several advertising posts between 10:37-10:39 this morning..............
Thursday 5 July 2012 10.41am
Yeah, sorry about that. It happens nearly every day. Thanks to those who regularly report the spam when it appears.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Thursday 5 July 2012 7.03pm
James can you help my B.B. has been hijacked by william hill.cannot get though to them.
I know it is'nt your baby.could you please inform them.

Thankyou
Wednesday 1 August 2012 3.35pm
Loads of spam again today. Dont these people have anything better to do!!!!
Friday 17 August 2012 10.43am
Maybe it's my imagination but this seems to be increasing recently, but at least the spam is nearly always very obvious and the only inconvenience is wasting a few seconds looking at what turns out to be a spoof comment.

A warning to anyone against posting your personal email addresses on this site, as some occasionally do.
Sunday 19 August 2012 9.33am
So many forums get spam hits. But this one, thanks to James, deletes the rubbish as soon as notified. Click the "Report to moderator" as soon as you see it. Keep it up James.
Saturday 22 September 2012 1.38pm
Just added a batch of phrases to the spam filter - let's see if that makes a difference.

If not, I'll have to resort to adding a 'captcha' to the signup process, but I want to avoid that if possible.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: