'Nonsense' comments?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 4 September 2013 12.10pm
..by which I mean the posts which appear in some topics, always by a new participant, and which make little sense in their odd phrasing or in relation to the topic. (I'm not referring to the lengthy, badly disguised promotional ramblings with embedded links selling phones or sports stuff).

A recent example:

'magma' posting 'well what is the agenda for this meeting' on the book club thread recently.

I wondered if these are placed simply to draw attention to a link, but there isn't always one included. So, what are the posters objectives?
Wednesday 4 September 2013 1.39pm
There they are again, posting early for Christmas on the SE1 Xmas dinner party thread...

'wow.. this is a best menu. if i am also a part of it. then i must appreciate it.'

Must be to do with the link below the message. You'd think they'd make more of an effort to appear a bit less bizarre in their use of language.
Wednesday 4 September 2013 2.46pm
Typically these people will post odd but vaguely plausible comments for their first three or four messages, then start dropping in links to furniture sites or whatever

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: