Can you smell chicken?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Friday 20 March 2015 10.20am
You can try and justify your crude comments all you like, you're not a satirist, you're just insulting and hiding behind Charlie Hebdo does not disguise that. For one, CH satirised EVERYBODY, you invariably isolate a particular group and insult them. Not even directly, to their faces, but on SE1, anonymously and to people who most likely aren't even Muslim. So basically, you can glorify your comments all you like, at the end of the day they are just gratuitous insults meant to upset people. On top of all that, when you complain that "no comment" is the future, you are contributing to that by abusing free speech to indulge in your agenda. Now, THAT is my opinion.
Friday 20 March 2015 12.44pm
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
You can try and justify your crude comments all you like, you're not a satirist, you're just insulting and hiding behind Charlie Hebdo does not disguise that. For one, CH satirised EVERYBODY, you invariably isolate a particular group and insult them. Not even directly, to their faces, but on SE1, anonymously and to people who most likely aren't even Muslim. So basically, you can glorify your comments all you like, at the end of the day they are just gratuitous insults meant to upset people. On top of all that, when you complain that "no comment" is the future, you are contributing to that by abusing free speech to indulge in your agenda. Now, THAT is my opinion.

Well, good for YOU and YOUR opinion. Thank goodness (not God) for the right to free expression and differing opinions. If you read my post, I was tearing into Christianity and Islam. If you wish, I'll also opine on the other fairy-tale cults out there. As I said, I understand James' reluctance to allow these type of comments on his site as there is one particular brand of religion at the moment which works themselves into such a tizz at any criticism/parody of their "holy book" that they are prepared to do harm to folks who say it. I just wish people were a bit more up-front as to why they have been obliged to stifle freedom of expression. It kind of reminds me of the mohammed cartoon "controversy", when the media outlets of the U.K collectively bottled it but used all manner of weaselly words to justify their decision not to show them, even though the cartoons were central to the story. Why didn't they just say they were scared of "insulting" islam because of violent reprisals? I would have respected them more. I respect your views (but disagree with them) but as yet, nobody is the sole arbiter of what constitutes "gratuitous insults". Long may it remain so.
Friday 20 March 2015 2.10pm
I agree with you, PoE.
Friday 20 March 2015 2.29pm
So do I, but I will say that I think sometimes with these forums, the moderators/admin' can often save us posters from ourselves.
Saturday 21 March 2015 3.17am
You can fool yourself as much as you like, but you DO NOT tear into Christianity as much as a you do Islam. You make some mildly disparaging comments about Christians, but it's so transparent that you only do that to set yourself up to lay into Islam. I could not care less about Islam, what I abhor is this hypocrisy. If at least you showed the courage to stand by your beliefs, but no, you hide behind your perceived injustice of being called a racist bla bla bla. You lot have called my posts boring, repetitive and whatever else, yet you can't leave it alone, you even gang up, the three of you to show some sort of united front, or make me feel I am up against a majority. I couldn't care less - I have the courage of my convictions. You can turn up in your thousands, you are still just 1 to me.
Saturday 21 March 2015 3.25am
And - what have you lot done to justify your calling others weaselly? You are ranting on a local forum where there are no muslim posters that I am aware of. All you are doing is telling each other how bad Islam is. I doubt you are drawing cartoons or doing anything else that sets you apart from those you basically accuse of cowardice. THAT"s what I abhor. I find THAT cowardly and weaselly.

And that's why I think that, as opposed to you, Rev Goddard needs a wheelbarrow to carry around his balls: not because he p*ssed of conservatives, not because he did something for islam, but purely because he's got courage, because it seems his prime instinct is to act on his beliefs and is not scared of the consequences. More than that I agree with him, I respect him. If there were more people like him, the world would be a better place. What do you do to make the world a better place?
Saturday 21 March 2015 9.11am
I shall let you have the lat word on this Eddie boy, as I know you will (quite literally) not be able to rest until you do. Just to clarify, neither Christians or Muslims are "races" so your cry of "racism" is facile.
All religions are stupid, moronic, cretinous, etc. One religion above all others at the moment has managed to stifle criticism/parody of it both here and abroad through violence and intimidation. That is a bad thing, I hope you will agree.
Signing off in the hope that you and the testically intumescent Rev are blissfully happy together.
Saturday 21 March 2015 9.19am
Sorry Eddie, just read your post where you say people such as myself are "ganging up" on you. I think therein lies the problem with yourself and religion, a victim mentality of huge proportions. If somebody has a difference of opinion, they are "ganging up", they are "attacking", as if in some pre-planned, organised way. It's not the case Edward/Islam/Christianity/Hinduism/Buddhism/Judaism/Scientology etc. we simply do not agree with your world view and therefore we challenge it. Stop being so paranoid
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

This thread has been closed

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: