Slow site

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 4 December 2015 10.45am
Hi James

It seems be taking me for ever to navigate around the SE1 website (its taking time for this message to type). The slowness and hanging seems to have started as a result of Google adds now all being videos. Is there a way I can switch these adds off?

Cheers
Friday 4 December 2015 5.34pm
We haven't changed anything recently, so I don't know what might be causing this.

Hopefully the new mobile-friendly design of the site is only a few weeks away - it's possible you may find that works better.

I would respectfully ask that you don't use ad-blocking software as this site can only exist through the revenue from advertising.

Are you absolutely sure that you're not seeing the same problems on websites other than this one?

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 7 December 2015 10.27am
It's just this site. I also get a message that comes up telling me that "the script on this site has stopped working"
Friday 1 January 2016 11.22pm
Hi bmovie

Please could you let us know whether you are still experiencing these problems now that the new design is live?

thanks

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 4 January 2016 10.14am
Hi James

Much better now, thanks. It may be due to the new design (very nice!) but also the video ads have gone

Cheers
B
Tuesday 28 June 2016 11.00am
I was using this forum from time to time as a guest user and I must say, the site looks and performs a lot nicer now after the overhaul. Great job admin

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: