Replying to messages

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 7 April 2003 8.54am
James, when replying to messages, you can't see the thread anymore, but in the old days you used to be able to. Is it possible to change it so you can? Or is there some way of doing it that I haven't quite mastered?
Monday 7 April 2003 12.26pm
I've changed the setting back now - the reply form appears on the same page as the messages again.

I'm sure that there was a good reason why I changed it to be on a different page, but I can't for the life of me remember now!

James

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Saturday 12 April 2003 9.20am

James

Didn't you once say you were going to try and change the order of the messages - like the latest reply at the top?

Teresa
Saturday 12 April 2003 4.53pm
I don't recall promising that, and it's not easily do-able with the current setup.

But when the new version (v5) of Phorum (the software we use for the forum) comes out it will (at last) have the facility to divide long threads into pages (say, 10 posts at a time, not 50 like the Wicked thread)

And with a bit of luck you'll be able to go straight to the last post that was added since you last visited the site, without having to wade through all the messages from scratch.

In the meantime you can click on the Threaded View link at the bottom of each page, which will display one message per page, which might make it easier to navigate to the desired messages.

Just watch this space for future improvements!

Thanks,

James

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Saturday 14 February 2004 2.03pm
Testing 1 2 3
Testing 4 5 6
Testing 7 8 9

I was just trying to see if the HTML or the smilie options were in use.

Well, that was fun !!!

Post edited (14 Feb 04 14:13)
Wednesday 3 March 2004 2.21pm
When do we get Phorum 5 please, James? I should like to send red roses to TLMJJ, but at the moment they're black and dark black only. That must be a good reason for updating sooner rather than later...

Cider maker, cidermaker or cider-maker?
Wednesday 3 March 2004 11.07pm
Can't remember what I was going to say.

Post edited (03 Mar 04 23:09)
Friday 5 March 2004 7.07pm
Mapmaker

I have to admit that getting them to turn red by turning them into hyperlinks was a very impressive idea. I also liked the erewhon urls.

Post edited (05 Mar 04 19:08)
Sunday 7 March 2004 12.06am
I was impressed too.
Tuesday 9 March 2004 6.52pm
Thank you, TLMJJ, I tried my best for you! I felt unable to trump a real picture though - even if of expensive origami. And now even feedback has turned into a teen-flirting experience... we may yet hear stirrings of the giant Moderator of SE1

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network