email notification

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 25 April 2003 8.43am
James - is there any way of switching off email notification on a thread once it has been enabled? This morning I received 6 email notifications. All messages turned out to be Rory Gregor posting something about nappies. How he managed to make it relevant to 6 threads is quite outstanding!

Thanks
Tony
Friday 25 April 2003 11.25am
Unfortunately the current software doesn't offer an easy way to switch off the email notifications. The only way (if someone is DESPERATE to stop the emails) is for me to manually trawl through the MySQL database and change all the records by hand.

I hope that the new version of the software (a few months away) will remedy this matter.

Perhaps it would be more useful to close the forum between midnight and 6am to stop people posting complete nonsense when they get home from a drunken night out?! :-)
Friday 25 April 2003 1.48pm
Ok James not to worry! Yes I had noticed that there seemed to be some frenetic posting from an individual that was a little removed from his usual constructive contributions!!!
Friday 25 April 2003 9.16pm
What posts about nappies? What happened to them???
Friday 25 April 2003 9.18pm
I thought one post about nappies was sufficient so I removed most of them :-)

I think there's still one example left in one of the many threads Rory contributed to in the early hours

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Saturday 26 April 2003 1.02am
Maybe you should start another forum for post-ale ramblings... I could do with it tonight!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: