noxious morons

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 3 May 2003 1.05pm
AL I would like to add my support to your comments in your post in the now closed thread "oxymoron" about the closing of the wicked thread.

I note your comments aswell James in response before you closed the thread.

I am pleased that you are happy for discussion of Wicked and the Sheridans activities to resume and that these discussions should be carried out in a reasonable and mature way.

I think that allowing the Sheridans to post a response and then close the thread is not terribly democratic and I think it a shame that we were denied sight of their original replies. Perhaps it was these replies that caused you to pull the plug on the thread or maybe there were other reasons that AL alluded to but whatever it was, do the right thing and switch it on again.

I think that we are all reasonable and responsible people who engage in this forum even if we cannot spell (I speak for myself!) so come on give us our soap box back !!

Cheers

Nemesis

Saturday 3 May 2003 1.25pm
Various things were posted in the original thread which were not in accordance with the forum rules, and concerns were raised about a number of postings when viewed in the light of the rules.

As the rules in their current form were introduced AFTER the Wicked thread began, it was difficult to unpick the 'OK' posts from the unacceptable ones, and would have required heavy editing

There is clearly an appetite for further discussion of this sensitive issue but I think a fresh start is desireable so we can break the cycle of tit-fot-tat responses to what was posted previously and have a mature discussion of these matters without any name-calling or other unreasonable allegations.

Please refrain from further discussion of Wicked until I give the all-clear next week.

Above all, I would appeal to all the forum contributors who wish to comment on this subject to do so in a mature and reasonable manner, without causing undue offence to those involved in the subject under discussion, or your fellow forum members who may take a different view from your own.

James

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: