James, have you considered

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 1 September 2003 8.04pm
Leafleting every home in SE1 with your website address ?
I imagine you could get someone to do it for a reasonable
figure. Collar the next pizza leafleter you see to do the job
and I'm sure your site membership would increase dramatically.
I only found it by accident -- can't remember what I was looking for.
And how about the occasional competition. I'm sure the NFT would
donate a years subscription for a plug ( I'm a member of the NFT
so I'm not angling ). Or a couple of tickets to the Imax.
Tuesday 2 September 2003 9.06am
Yes, we have considered leafleting etc, and it's still on my 'to do' list.

In the meantime we rely on our sister printed publication, 'in SE1', as our main offline publicity vehicle.

As for competitions, we already do that from time to time - make sure you are subscribed to SE1 Direct to make sure you don't miss out.

The main problem is that competitions etc take a lot of time to set up and administer, and I mostly work on this site in my spare time.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Tuesday 2 September 2003 11.51am
How about producing some promotional leaftlets and flyers and leaving them at places like, the Garrison, the bermondsay kitchen and local businesses?

I'd be happy to help out if I can and I am sure others would be too. At the end of the day there's nothing better than word of mouth.
Tuesday 2 September 2003 3.10pm
Promotional flyers are on my "to do" list. Unfortunately that list is rather long.
Saturday 25 October 2003 7.18am
I agree that SE1 is a brilliant service for us residents as well as visitors and I'd be happy to deliver publicity flyers in my area if any are done. But can I make a plea that any leaflets or whatever advertise the printed 'In SE1' as much as the website? Not everyone has internet access, and having only recently got it myself I know how irritating it is to get literature saying things like "You can always look at our website" or " For more information go to our website". Internet still costs money and depends on having access to a PC, and people who are poor, old or stuck at home (or all three) should be just as able to know what's going on as others, maybe more so.

Anyway thanks James & good luck

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: