Well done london-se1.co.uk !!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 21 October 2003 1.04pm
I could send this to the Feedback facility and not make a posting of it at all. But I think this deserves to be placed where all can see it. I hope it encourages you guys, because this is my only intention within the sincerity of what I write. It warrants no response, yet you could use this to pen down your own words of encouragement to each other (should you so wish):

I feel a stranger here, in that I don't live London. In actual fact, I live many miles away - (a trip way down the M1 to get me anywhere near you guys) I have read many of the postings here with regard to community issues, help, advice, topics and all manner of useful information that truly brings out the community spirit in you all.

I think you have a wonderful little corner of what is the Internet. An open space where you can vent-off your feelings, raise current issues affecting your area, exchange thoughts and ideas, share interests, offer support, a helping hand or just to add something to “tease the brain” (Well done to you phoney. You really had me thinking there) Postings are varied, very topical and also informative to local residents. I think of those that have mobility problems and the senior members of your area that are able to access to the Internet and be a voice in real-time and their voice being equal to all.

I can only presume that Mr James Hatts is the Moderator, and I applaud him for what he does here, the time he spends in keeping things in order and also his own time in researching to get information to you guys when needed. (I don't think I need tell you that his job is nothing short of sterling and he is truly an asset to what is London-se1.co.uk) Well done to you Sir, you deserve the credit. But I am also aware there are others too that work to make this little corner what it is, and to those I would also say “Well done you guys”. Please forgive my ignorance in not addressing you all by name, but you know who you are, as do those that use those facilities that lie within here.

Last, but certainly not least, the residents themselves that also take time and great effort to help others. Your community spirit shows clearly within the postings.

The success of any community-based facility is only as good as its topics, the interests of the residents in those topics, the responses and the residents themselves. Forget the odd clash and difference of opinions, because it is exactly that which makes a forum what it is. I have seen little (if any) remarks that are untoward that makes london-se1.co.uk a very informative, pleasant and worthwhile place to visit. I KNOW it doesn't get better than this … by the same token I am sure you people are aware of the same also.

I wish London-se1.co.uk (residents, Webmaster, researchers, Staff and Moderator) every success for the future, and I thank you for allowing me to be a part of it for just a little time on just a few of your topics (also on a very sensitive topic) I sincerely hope I caused no ill feelings or offence in my short time here and in what I did write.

Well done you all, and thank you.

Franklyn

Post edited (21 Oct 03 14:11)

I don't declare myself to be a poet ... merely a writer of words.

Never underestimate the power of your thoughts.
Tuesday 21 October 2003 3.01pm
Frankly Franklyn 'Fankew! I agree...James does a stalwart job, and even on days when this big mouthed old girl does not feel like putting her 'pennorth in, I have to catch on the news and gossip!
I have had so much help and advice from here, you just would not believe it.. well you would having read these pages!

When are you moving to se1....

Jan :-)

jan
Monday 27 October 2003 9.17am
I've only recently found the website, and it's been fantastic to find something dedicated to the local area...I've found out new things about SE1 and I've been living here for 6 years!!! It's been a good source of news in the area too...so keep going! :o)

Andy

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: