Starting new page after 50 posts

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 24 January 2004 10.36am
Other forums such as MSN, Loquax etc; use software that automatically starts a new page after a set number of posts, or after the page reaches a certain length. Soon we'll be able to make a cuppa while the postal thread is loading.
Reading through the feedback threads, James, you say "I'll do that when I have the time". Now that your site is receiving widespread publicity, and therefore traffic, may I respectfully suggest that now is the time.
Saturday 24 January 2004 6.11pm
Thanks Phoney

This is still one of my top priorities, but I am waiting for the new version of this forum software (Phorum) to be released which will include this feature. It is currently in an alpha version, but hopefully a beta version will appear fairly soon.

I'd like to stick with Phorum, despite its quirks, for ease of updating.

I've looked into converting the forum to phpBB, vBulletin etc - but the process of converting all the messages and user registration details is fairly horrendous, and realistically it's unlikely that I will have time to undertake an exercise of that magnitude until June at the earliest.

So, yes, I am aware of the problem, but I'm afraid it won't be fixed in the near future.

What I have done in the past is to lock very long threads (Blaine, Wicked, Congestion Charging) and start a new thread as a continuation) and I think the time has come to do the same with the postal service thread.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: