New look

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4
Tuesday 8 June 2004 12.09pm
Very nice James, but what happened to my name?

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 8 June 2004 12.12pm by stan.
Tuesday 8 June 2004 1.54pm

So when do we get buddy lists to PM each other more easily : )

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 8 June 2004 1.55pm by Lang Rabbie.
Tuesday 8 June 2004 3.49pm
great re jig of site !

but now I've got some messages with my real name (Jon) and some with my username (Roadrunner)!

James - could you make them all as 'Jon' please?
I can't amend my username from Roadrunner, and I can't recreate a new account with the same email adress.
Tuesday 8 June 2004 4.00pm
It's a problem I am working on.

The easiest solution is probably for me to change your username to Jon, and then all should be well.

I know that others (including Tharg/Stan/Alan) are in the same situation - just email me (or send me a private message by clicking through to my profile page) and I will change the name.

I will put an announcement in all sections of the forum to the same effect.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 8 June 2004 4.01pm by James Hatts.
Tuesday 8 June 2004 4.10pm
Thanks - keep up the good work!
Wednesday 9 June 2004 4.17pm
The whole username thing is proving more problematic than I expected.

Jon/Roadrunner - the username Jon is in use by someone else, so please can you choose another variation?

Tharg/Stan - I can change your username too if you wish - please let me know. Otherwise you will have to remain as Stan.
Wednesday 9 June 2004 11.41pm
Lots of nice new features - I particularly like the private message feature. Presumably it gets sent to the person's email? One thing that doesn't suit me is that I find the new font, in black on white, very tiring to the eyes - is it just me?

Also, what happened to the leaseholders' forum?

Thursday 10 June 2004 10.12am
I may well change the font at the weekend when I do a bit more customisation.

Private messages go to your private message box. There doesn't seem to be any notification of new messages either by email or a notification on the main forum pages - I will try to do something about this, as I didn't realise I had about five messages!

(Tharg/Jon/Ruck & Maul - I have now replied.)

As for the Leaseholders forum, I merged it back into this one during the upgrade process. It may make a return as a standalone forum at some point.
Thursday 10 June 2004 1.09pm
Thanks James. And well done for getting it all working. Good luck with the last few changes.
Thursday 10 June 2004 2.03pm
James I've sent you a reply, but have now realised that I kind of like Roadrunner so I'll keep it as that thanks.

Roadrunner - Formerly Jon
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: