RSS feed software (macs)

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 3 October 2004 9.29am
Have just started using this software to pick up feeds and recommend it:

• RSS news feed reader (free for macs)

(say that 10 times fast!)

Very clever James. I look forward to the news and features sections being made available, already!
Sunday 3 October 2004 10.04am
I am also a Mac user and I recommend NewsFire

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Thursday 7 October 2004 4.54pm
I downloaded Newsfire and it works fine with other rss feeds, I've added some BBC ones - which work - but the SE1 feed seems 'sticky'. I've only seen it update once. Is there some setting I need to make that's not obvious? Refreshing the feed doesn't work and Newsfire only seems to update the SE1 feed on quitting and restarting the app.

I'm on a G4 Powerbook, OS 10.3.5

Thanks

Al
Thursday 7 October 2004 5.39pm
Hi Al
One for James I think. Good luck.
Thursday 7 October 2004 11.25pm
The SE1 feed works fine for me in Newsfire. But bear in mind that it only shows the most recently started topics, not the most recent responses.

The script that provides it is the default one supplied with the Phorum software. I'll see if it can be improved.

Friday 8 October 2004 7.28am
Thanks James, that's the critical point that I'd missed. It explains why it's only updated once, there's only been one new thread. (since I installed Newfire)

Al
Monday 8 November 2004 3.08pm
The feed now works differently - you may need to remove it from your list of feeds and add it again to avoid duplicate messages and general confusion.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: