Numbering posts.

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 31 October 2004 11.41am
Does phorum software allow the numbering of posts on threads? It would be easier when referring to a previous
post if one could refer to a point made in # 177 in the SE1 postal campaign thread.
Also the number of ' views ' per thread would be interesting, as it would indicate that posts were being read even if
not replied to.

The software used on MSN Groups and http://forums.loquax.co.uk/ gives all manner of useless info.
Sunday 31 October 2004 10.22pm
Numbering of posts is probably do-able - I will look into it.

As for number of views - for the sake of clarity and simplicity I prefer to keep useless information to a minimum...

The forum will probably be unavailable for a few hours this week whilst I install the latest Phorum version.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Sunday 7 November 2004 11.40am
All posts are now accompanied by their ID number for reference.

I did try to provide a 'link to this post' facility to make it easier to reference a specific message, but I couldn't quite make it work properly.

Sunday 7 November 2004 11.48am
Neat -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ID 27416
Sunday 7 November 2004 2.39pm
James,

Is the link facility going to stay in square brackets, like this:

[Link: forums.loquax.co.uk...] ?
Sunday 7 November 2004 2.44pm
I am in two minds about that. It's the default behaviour with this version of Phorum.

It has the advantage that it prevents long links from distorting the width of the forum pages.

But the disadvantage is that it is rather counter-intuitive because people will think that to post a URL they need to put it in square brackets or preface it with Link:, which is not the case.

I suspect that I will tweak the code to return to the previous behaviour.

Sunday 7 November 2004 3.00pm
Much obliged.

For what it is worth, I prefer the old style look too.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: