New and not new

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 15 June 2005 6.41pm
Just wondered why 'new' sometimes appears next to topics and other times it doesn't
Wednesday 15 June 2005 6.49pm
It's a mystery I'm afraid. The 'new' flags have never worked properly.

In fact, I might see if I can turn them off.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 15 June 2005 7.57pm
Ooooh, please don't switch them off. I like the "new" flags, even though they sometimes play up.

I find that sometimes they appear when I don't expect them to because even though I've read the last page of a thread, there's a preceding page I've missed. Strangely, they always seem to work okay on my laptop at home (which uses Windows XP and a newer version of Internet Explorer), but they do play up on my work PC (which uses Windows 2000 and some antiquated version of Internet Explorer). I don't get those XML error messages, or whatever they're called, on my home PC, either...
Thursday 16 June 2005 12.16am
They periodically slightly irritate me, but never enough to get round to posting about it. But please don't turn them off completely, they're still useful. They seem quite well-behaved at the moment, except for some threads in the 'socials' forum, which claim to be constantly new even though every post has been read.
Sunday 26 June 2005 10.16pm
i find that clicking on each individual page, and on the actual header sorts out the problem.
Monday 4 July 2005 5.35pm
Usually it does but sometimes it doesn't. I've got a couple of persistant ones that wont go away, all in the 'socials' forum (which may be a clue, James)

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: