Linking code in the forum

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 25 July 2005 9.45pm
Hi James,

Just posted something on here for the first time in ages and found I could not remember the correct codes to use to get links working. Found them via searching the site, but couldn't help thinking that it would be useful to have a more easily accessible guide to the codes more permanently available. Places where such a guide might reside are in the box on the right hand side of the page which lists the names of the different forums (SE1 Discussion, Chatter, Socials, Feedback...) or in a 'sticky' post at the top of each forum.

Sorry if this has already been canvassed and rejected already, but thought I'd raise it on the off-chance...

Cheers,

Andrew
Tuesday 26 July 2005 6.26pm
It's on my 'to do' list to enhance the message posting form with an automated JavaScript link-maker as seen on most other forums, which would get rid of the need for hard-to-follow written instructions.

It'll probably be September now before I get a chance to attend to it though.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Saturday 8 October 2005 10.01am
Hi James,

I was doing my nut a minute ago, trying to find a way of adding a height and width attribute to the [ img] tag when posting a link to an image on the forum. I couldn't find it anywhere here, so googled it and found this page. The original has disappeared, so this link is to a google-cached version which may disappear. But in the meantime, it could serve as a temporary guide for myself and other users of this forum....

http://64.233.187.104/search?q=cache:tN7EISdVnQMJ:www.taungam.com/phorum/misc.php%3Fdo%3Dbbcode+phorum+img+tag+attributes&hl=en&client=safari

Of course, if the task has risen up your 'to-do' list, this will become redundant anyway and can be deleted ;-)

Cheers,

Andrew
Saturday 8 October 2005 11.52am
Phorum uses a non-standard variant of BBcode, so not all of that will apply.

I did try to set up a JavaScript-enhanced posting form a while back, but it didn't work so I went back to the plain version.

I'm having a blitz on my to-do list this weekend, so expect some enhancements to the site.

Wednesday 23 November 2005 12.36pm
Ignore this post, just testing my revised signature...
Sunday 30 July 2006 2.19pm
And a year on from the original request, we now have a nice set of buttons to make adding links, images etc much easier.

Sorry it took so long.

Please use formatting sparingly!

Sunday 30 July 2006 5.42pm
Marvelous!

Good work James!
Sunday 30 July 2006 11.49pm
This is very exciting James ... but how did Thomas get colour and a larger font size?
Monday 31 July 2006 7.34am
Julie wrote:
This is very exciting James ... but how did Thomas get colour and a larger font size?

[ color=red][ size=x-large]magic![/size][/color]

Hi Julie - thers's no magic - James has put it all in the BBcode help
information by clicking the '?'
it involves cutting/pasting or typing in text in square brackets.
I have added a couple of spaces so this doesn't work in the above example, but take them out and you get...
magic!
Monday 31 July 2006 7.40am
By reading the instructions (press the question mark button).

(I deliberately removed the font size and colour picker buttons from the toolbar to discourage people from using ridiculous text sizes and garish colours.)

Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: