Tower Bridge Lifts info?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 17 December 2005 1.39pm
The site http://www.livesights.com/cgi-bin/VideoPages.plx in the Links section of Exploring > River Thames says:
Live Thames coverage is no longer presented on this website: our apologies.
and hasn't been for some time now. They did also send a monthly email with details of ALL bridge lifts but that also bit the dust.

http://www.towerbridge.org.uk/TowerBridge/English/BridgeLifts/schedule.htm in the
section of Exploring > Bridges does have a list of Tower Bridge Lifts but only ever seems to mention the
usual daily traffic such as Dixie Queen, tugs and suchlike.
Any possibility of Tower Bridge informing you James of any vessels of real interest, other than the usual
suspects, which info you could post for us. Cheers
Saturday 17 December 2005 1.43pm
PS. I realise you have your hands full updating the site at the moment, so no urgency on this request.
And I have been subscribed to the Toptable newsletter (3 ads above) for for a couple of years now.
Saturday 17 December 2005 2.24pm
Thanks phoney; I am in the process of purging some of the horrendously out-of-date links from the static sections of the site.

I have put off a lot of updates/changes/improvements until the big move to our new dedicated server, which finally happened this week, so I am now turning my attention to the backlog, and generally tidying things up.

I did used to receive the bridge lift schedule direct from the Corporation of London, but for some reason they stopped sending it a few years ago. I'll certainly have a go at getting back on their circulation list.

As for the profusion of Toptable ads - that's also on my hit-list - expect the duplication to be eliminated this afternoon.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Thursday 29 December 2005 11.15am
The nostalgic in me would rather like to see a masthead to the site, like an old fashioned newspaper, with sunrise and sunset and the times of high and low water at London Bridge, as well as the bridge lifts.

Unfortunately, I suspect that the commercially minded folk at HM Hydrographic Office charge through the nose for an RSS feed :(

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: