Se1 For Kids

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 8 January 2006 10.50pm
My 9 year old would like to know if you have any plans for a Childrens' area? I think she's thinking of relevant events and perhaps a chat room. ( My attempts to explain the concept of moderating and your other commitments are falling on deaf ears!)
Monday 9 January 2006 9.30am
I'd like to have a section with details of activities and facilities for children and young people - including the various youth clubs etc.

As for events, in SE1 has a section every month listing family and children's events.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Friday 13 January 2006 5.13pm
Sounds good.

It is quite hard to find out what is on, and what is on changes.

How can we help? Parents wanted to meet up so we could pool knowledge of local activities, sports and so on, then post it with a request for additions or changes. Or again, would it be something that the new SRB funded person at WCDG might be able to contribute to.

Back in pre-history, about two years ago, I spent time rebutting ideas in the forum that kids had no right to go to the Tate Members Room, Borough Market and so on. It was astonishing how child-unfriendly quite a lot of people were. (The bearded Mrs Ivanhoe apparently eats babies.) Perhaps next time kids should post their own defence in the main forum.

Tuesday 17 January 2006 2.21pm
<< Perhaps next time kids should post their own defence in the main forum. >>

Good idea! At least it'd keep 'em out of the Tate ;0)

...if you press it, they will come.
Thursday 2 February 2006 6.35pm
And however bad their spelling is, it cannot be worse than some of the adults.........

the fact that kids understand computers is causing all sorts of problems. My son has set himself up as systems administrator on the home PC and keeps changing my password. Relatively harmless compared to an 11 year old who, not liking her new secondary school, set up a webpage setting out her concerns about the school. Trouble was that Google apparently picked her page up first before the official school web-site. Or the seven year old friend of my daughter's who decided to entertain a small friend over on a play date by showing him all sorts of cool websites. nakedladiesdotcom was one. My daughter then told us about others. Some way off from looking up rude words in the dictionary, as we did in my yoof.

A kids section might be fun, but does James really feel up to moderating?!

Still waiting for Ivanhoe to invite them to the Tate members room. If Alladin in SE1 turns out to be for grown ups why shouldn't kids be able to hang out at the Tate.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: