Returning to the Forum

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Friday 28 April 2006 10.45am
I wish I could say I enjoy being sent to the master page when I've posted, instead of going back to the Discussion/Socials/Chatter I was on....but I find it rather annoying actually. This "you will be returned in **** seconds " thingy seems like ages to me, and I wonder what the point is in all this......
Friday 28 April 2006 12.07pm
I can see that would be a little annoying for the relatively small hard core of ultra-frequent posters who post many times each day, but the aim is to encourage forum participants - and there's a very wide constituency of people who post once a week, once a month or less often - to explore the content in other areas of the site, principally the news coverage.

I hope to change the range of content featured on the 'thank you' page on a more frequent basis (and make it less of a duplication of the front page of the site), which should make it more interesting for regular posters who won't therefore see the same thing every time.

I did increase the redirect delay fairly recently, but I'll cut it down to 10 seconds again as a compromise. Hope that helps.

PS Jackie - sorry I haven't replied to your email - been snowed under.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Friday 28 April 2006 3.43pm
Jackie - just press the back button a few times, till you're baak at the threads page, it works for me, or just click on the 'forum' on the left, then on the correct section.
Sunday 30 April 2006 10.08pm
I start reading that page and think "ooh that's interesting..." and just as I get involved, it flips me on to the next page! But I do take your point James about infrequent posters, I'm happy to sacrifice the odd 10 seconds here and there.
Saturday 6 May 2006 7.06am
Yes James, TUMJ is right...I also find that I'm just catching up on the notices, (if I'm on the page anyway why not) and...whoops!...it's gone! So..er...perhaps some tweaking????
Sunday 7 May 2006 1.54pm
OK - will give some more thought to this one.

Sunday 7 May 2006 3.28pm
Sounds like you've got your work cut out James...
Keep up the great work and effort you put into this site.
Monday 8 May 2006 7.48am
Oh dear yes, James, PLEASE dont think I'm moaning, we all think you should be running the country!
Wednesday 10 May 2006 1.26pm
James for PM!
Monday 22 May 2006 12.48pm
OK, this has now changed. The auto-redirect has gone.

There are now buttons at the top of the page for one-click access to any of the five forum sections, with the latest news and events coming up in the next two days displayed below.

Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: