Layout

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Monday 22 May 2006 9.46pm
I have two strips of grey each side of the page now - is that intentional? (using IE screen resolution 1024 x 768)
Monday 22 May 2006 9.56pm
I have the same - but figured I'd had my quota of nit-picking for one day.

See here for how it looks at 1280 x 800 (have the same issue but slightly less grey at 1204 x 768 at work).
Monday 22 May 2006 9.58pm
Yes, it's intentional. I know it's against the current trend for liquid layouts, but I'm experimenting with a fixed-width layout for a while.

Even though most people have higher resolution monitors these days (1024 or above), many people don't browse with their browser window at full-width - or they have a favorites/bookmarks/search panel down the site.

I'll give it a while, but If people really hate it, I'll change it back.

Or can someone suggest a better colour than the grey for the background colour? I wanted something other than yellow or white.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Tuesday 23 May 2006 10.45am
i don't seem to get it at work, but i got it at home last night, on my laptop, and it really annoyed me, as the titles all spread over several lines, and everything was tall and thin - it didn't seem to make sense, maybe it was my settings?!
Tuesday 23 May 2006 10.50am
Some people may see odd results if their browser has cached the old version of the stylesheet which defines the layout. Pressing refresh a few times usually forces it to download the latest version and everything should look as intended.

Tuesday 23 May 2006 6.09pm
i like the new blue/grey colours, but the option for going straight to the last message seems to have gone. Is that intentional or am doing something weird?

sorry - just clicked on new and found it did exactly what i wanted...
Tuesday 23 May 2006 6.23pm
Clicking on the date and time of the latest post will have the same effect.

It may be a little less obvious, but it eliminates the duplication of the words 'latest post' in every single row.

Tuesday 23 May 2006 6.28pm
Er...if it aint broke why fix it? Was anyone complaining about the old layout? It's kind of taking getting used to but I guess it's all right, but the old system seemed perfectly OK to me...
Wednesday 24 May 2006 6.22pm
Can I add my dissent too?

It looked fine before and now everything is squashed up in a narrow band in the middle of the screen! Booooo!
Wednesday 24 May 2006 9.51pm
I certainly don't like this layout I'm sad to say! I have a res of 1400x900 and this website is so narrow!

It was great before! It stretched to full size with no problems, but now it's all squashed and big headlines go onto 2+ lines and it's annoying when your screen is big. I don't thik this is a step in the right direction as screens are getting bigger, not smaller :)

http://el-barto.com/temp/lse1.jpg is how it looks on my computer!
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: