Welcome back

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 4 September 2006 3.14pm
Welcome back!

Many apologies for the downtime; the longest break in service since we launched in 1998.

All I will say is that I know more about root kernel exploits than I did a week ago.

It will take a while to get everything sorted, so bear with us if you find some bits of the site don't work.

Furthermore, the SE1 Direct and 'in SE1' sites are currently unavailable.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Jac
Monday 4 September 2006 4.41pm
It's good to have you back
Monday 4 September 2006 4.52pm
It's been tough, but then so are we.
Monday 4 September 2006 4.55pm
Who would have thought Jackies overloaded PM box would cause such disruption!

THAT'S A JOKE
Monday 4 September 2006 5.18pm
Phew! Thank goodness it's back!

I hope the last few days haven't been too stressful, James.
Monday 4 September 2006 5.50pm
Well done (and thank you) James.

(Yet again) JAMES FOR MAYOR!!

Edited to add: shame it was on a weekend where SE1 made the national news as well.

...if you press it, they will come.
Monday 4 September 2006 8.53pm
Ivanhoe wrote:
Edited to add: shame it was on a weekend where SE1 made the national news as well.

In a brief cynical and, no doubt entirely tinfoil hat, moment - I did wonder if the two might have been somehow connected...

;-)

Nice to have you all back. Hope it wasn't too awful James.
Monday 4 September 2006 10.01pm
Many thanks, James, for all the work you must have put in to restore normal service.

I suppose all hardened addicts of this forum should make sure we make the effort to buy something from one of the affiliate sites so you get some advertising pennies to pay for a more resilient server.

Siduhe wrote:
In a brief cynical and, no doubt entirely tinfoil hat, moment - I did wonder if the two might have been somehow connected...

[red face at believing conspiracy theories]You were not alone! [/red face]
Monday 4 September 2006 10.24pm
Ivanhoe wrote:

What happened? I was away in Wolverhampton this weekend and didn't see any news, or read the papers... I'm woefully uninformed!
Monday 4 September 2006 10.52pm
Fourteen people were arrested following a police raid on The Bridge to China Town - "a halal Chinese Restaurarnt in Borough"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uklatest/story/0,,-6053888,00.html

[Hope you enjoyed the weekend in Wolverhampton. I leave it to the bridge players to tell me whether that trumps my long weekend in Hull gambit!]
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network