First time posters

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
PKM
Monday 19 February 2007 6.00pm
Blimey I recently posted for the first time on a thread re: Magadalen. On returning from hols I picked up the responses of those that think that if you make positive comments about a new resto on your first post it must be suspicious!

Can we discuss this? should this not be a site for the whole of the SE1 community and not for a regulars in an exclusive SE1 club.

I understand that some people take advantage of this but surely, its better to let them get away with it (its usually obvious they are up to something anyway)then to put others off joining in the debate.
Monday 19 February 2007 6.25pm
Hi PKM,

Agreed. There is nothing wrong with recommending somewhere or something that you like and, in fact, I can understand why this would be the first thing people would contribute to the board.

This web site is for everybodyin SE1 so don't let the vociferous minority put you off.

Oh, and Welcome!

Chris
Monday 19 February 2007 8.02pm
Hi and agreed!
Tuesday 20 February 2007 2.51pm
@ PKM - don't worry about it, it was probably a misunderstanding, please stay and reply to more threads - i'm sure you'll get to love the site, like so many others do.

welcome to the forum
PKM
Tuesday 20 February 2007 3.00pm
Thanks all. I have been reading the forum for sometime now - just never got round to logging on. Look forward to offering my views in the future.
Tuesday 20 February 2007 7.05pm
Welcome, PKM, and I do hope that you will contribute to the forum in the future.

If people have suspicions about whether a message/recommendation on the forum is genuine or not, I'd prefer that they use the 'Report this message' link to flag it up for my attention rather than challenging the poster directly.

That said, it is a sad fact that many businesses seem to feel the need to be dishonest and underhand in their marketing tactics, so it is little wonder that people have become cynical.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 28 February 2007 2.08pm
And Magdalen is well worth raving about.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: