Change to forum rules re. multiple usernames

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
James Hatts Wednesday 4 July 2007 10.29am
Please note that the forum rules have been updated to include this line:
Quote:
You may not post messages using more than one username in the same thread. Those found to be doing this are liable to be 'named and shamed'.
(NB: Some users have separate forum accounts for use at home and work. So long as it is obvious that it is the same person then both accounts may be used to post to the same thread. You may not lend weight to your own arguments by posting under multiple names/personas.)

I think all the rules can be summed up as 'be honest' and 'play fair'. Sadly there are a few dishonest people around who devalue the forum for everyone.

Editor of the London SE1 website and SE1 Direct newsletter

Advertisement

Jonathan K Thursday 5 July 2007 8.44am
Can you let everyone know which threads these are and which users we need to look out for?

The 'The Event - Southwark Park 2007' thread seems to be a conversation between one person to me!
Ivanhoe Thursday 5 July 2007 9.59am
I'm Jonathan K! Who is this person posting as me, above?

...if you press it, they will come.
hellsbells Thursday 5 July 2007 10.21am
Sorry Jonathan K, there are at least 2 people posting on the Southwark Park thread, cos one of them was me and I was grateful for the Chas 'n' Dave news - I am neither Chas nor Dave, incidentally...
zcars Thursday 5 July 2007 2.06pm
Sorry Jonathan K, there are at least 2 people posting on the Southwark Park thread, cos one of them was me and I was grateful for the Chas 'n' Dave news - I am neither Chas nor Dave, incidentally...
jackie rokotnitz Thursday 5 July 2007 3.29pm
Gosh Ivanhoe, since when have you been JonathanK?
Ivanhoe Friday 6 July 2007 8.14am
Since I stopped being Cathy.

...if you press it, they will come.
bermondsey beat Friday 6 July 2007 10.29am
Am I doing anything wrong by answering questions, put to me re. The Event- Southwark Park?

Phil
TAK Tuesday 31 July 2007 7.56am
Does anyone know how I can change my username?
Mine is all in uppercase and I would love to change it to all lower case - it reads easier!
Any tips how I do this?

Thanks
Tattie Tuesday 31 July 2007 2.38pm
Asking James nicely will probably do it

To post a message, you must be a registered user. If you are already registered, please log in.

Subscribe now

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,300+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum

Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions