Knife adverts

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 4 August 2008 7.02pm
I access this site through different links not always immediately to the forum. just now I was looking for a pub link and on the page the main banner was an anti knife message.

I understand the need for constant anti-knife promotional ads but are the majority of SE1 users the target audience for this message? Am I being squeamish? Am I thinking this is preaching to the converted - I don't generally go out with a sebatier in my handbag.
Monday 4 August 2008 8.32pm
I thought that the ads which appear on this site were actually targeted at mums, encouraging them to "talk about knives" with their children.
Monday 4 August 2008 8.52pm
Google ads looks at the content of the page and tries to put an ad up with a connection. The knife crime ad may be there because of the news item about a woman having her head cut off.

I once saw an advert for mail order meat on a Morrissey website (he's a veggie). It picked up on a story about him banning meat products from a concert.
Monday 11 August 2008 11.38am
You may be interested to know that Google is soon to introduce 'frequency capping' for adverts on sites like this so you shouldn't necessarily see the same ads over and over and over again.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: