is the no of users going up?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 5 August 2008 5.03pm
James,

I've noticed recently that there are a lot of new users appearing.
Have you been advertising more?
Are you finding increased traffic?
Do you think the sight has reached a critical mass yet? or getting close?

Do you have any forum usage details for maybe 12 monthly periods, no of users, average hits per day or something.

It'd be interesting to see just how populare London-SE1 really is.

but only if you have time in your busy schedule obviously.
Monday 11 August 2008 11.28am
Hi Jon

The traffic has been fairly consistent over the past year - this graph shows the overall trend for the past 12 months.

The first big traffic peak is the Great Flood of Tooley Street and the second is the UFO in Potters Fields Park.

I think with the nature of the transient central London population (both residents and local employees) you have to keep up your publicity efforts - it's a constantly shifting target.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 13 August 2008 10.39am
Thanks for that James.

there does seem to be a defineable weekly cycle to the usage - is that a peak on Monday mornings, with a drop off over the weekends? with a wobbly jitter around Christmas/New Year.

it does look like it's gone up slightly, down slightly and back up again, but that could just be my eyes. There's probably a seasonal trend too.
Wednesday 13 August 2008 11.01am
Yes, there's a clear weekly cycle with Mondays (when we send out our email newsletter) the best-performing day and weekends being quieter,

As you would expect the site is busiest at lunchtime and quietest at 4am.

The small traffic spikes at Christmas and New Year were caused by people searching for the open hours of a well-known supermarket chain, for which this forum was ranked higher than the company's official website.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 18 August 2008 11.36am
I'm always sad when people disappear...(Sarah2 seems to have gone quiet) and love it when someone we didnt hear from for ages suddenly reappears.
Tuesday 19 August 2008 10.22am
i think she chained herself to a tree in Archbishops park, and forgot to take her laptop with her.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network