Re. Timothy

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 16 August 2008 3.10pm
I have absolutely no idea who Timothy was, however I for one am sorry to see that his account has been deactivated.
He came in and was an absolute breath of fresh air. He made me laugh and I made an effort to read all his entries. He was sharp and to the point, and so politically uncorrect, which is so refreshing these days.
It seems that if anyone has an opinion, these days, that differs from the PC straight and narrow they are ostracised.
I myself was accused of being a troll because I have views that are slightly right of centre. It seems like the word “ troll” is a general euphemism used to describe someone who does not hold the same PC liberal views as all the other clones.
I don't know what he said that was so offensive to anyone, and certainly did not read anything that warranted his account being closed, after all, we are all adults.
Saturday 16 August 2008 10.37pm
Did you get to read all his posts though? Several are no longer here.
I think he counts as a troll. Not because his opinions were especially offensive, they were just the boring simplistic thinking of someone who doesn't get the real world. That's if he meant any of what he said, of course. He was a troll because he spoiled threads. Whilst trying to read different points of view on a topic, I had to read his **** if only to understand a post from someone who was unfortunately getting side-tracked by him.
I doubt very much that he was removed without warning. Hope not anyway.
As someone that wound 'timothy' troll up (whoever she or he may be) I have some cheek in saying...don't feed the trolls!
Saturday 16 August 2008 11.35pm
I think I read all his posts as I followed him from the time he logged on. I disagree with you when you say he doesn't understand the real world. He does, it's just that his view of the real world differs from yours. However his view is equally valid, and in a democracy he has a right to his opinions.
To censor him because his opinions do not fit in with a predetermined set of parameters is wrong.
Sunday 17 August 2008 1.35pm
hydrometer wrote:
I myself was accused of being a troll because I have views that are slightly right of centre. It seems like the word “ troll” is a general euphemism used to describe someone who does not hold the same PC liberal views as all the other clones.

Slightly right of centre? Is that how BNP supporters describe themselves these days?

Of course you found his posts a breath of fresh air - it must be hard to find like-minded people on a forum like this when you support the BNP.
Sunday 17 August 2008 9.17pm
Dear TLMJJ
Your post absolutely reinforces the point I was making. Timothy and I don't conform to the normal Liberal Holier than Thou postings that are in your comfort zone.
I do support the BNP. A perfectly legal political party that has approx. 100 elected councillors Nationwide, and as I am sure you are aware, a democratically elected representative on the Greater London Assembly.
Richard Barnbrook was elected by myself, possibly Timothy and another 130,000+ Londoner's to represent them. This is because all the other mainstream parties, Labour, Liberal and Conservatives have all moved to the centre so much, it is difficult to distinguish between them,and none of them represent those of us on the right anymore.
Compared to them, as they occupy so much of the centre, we are, slightly to the right of them.
So with 130,000+ on board, I am sure Timothy and I am not the only 2 supporters on this forum.
Sunday 17 August 2008 9.31pm
hydrometer,

Whilst I personally struggle to understand or accept your political viewpoint, you manage to express yourself politely without resorting to playground namecalling.

You post interesting comments on a range of topics and you're not always looking for a fight.

That is the key difference between you and Timothy.

Timothy was not excluded because of his opinions. He was excluded because his conduct was not in line with the forum rules.

As I said elsewhere, new members who challenge the consensus are always welcome as far as I am concerned.

But the bull in a china shop approach is likely to generate more heat than light.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Sunday 17 August 2008 10.27pm
I think this is spot on. I'm very accepting of views that differ from my own. However, I don't expect to be insulted, here or anywhere else, and I resent postings that are overtly provocative and personally offensive. I've never seen anything in hydrometer's postings that was out of order, no matter how much the sentiments diverged from mine. But Timothy was continually out of order, and I do not agree that his contributions were a breath of fresh air. There is a world of difference between political correctness and respectfulness, as there is between strong opinions and prejudiced claptrap.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: