One person, one username per thread

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 9 October 2008 3.17pm
I have previously given guidance to this effect but it never got incorporated into the main forum rules. I will to to rectify this soon.

In the meantime I'd like to reiterate: whilst some people have a legitimate need/desire for more than one username on this forum (separation of work/personal interests etc), you may not make posts to any given thread using more than one username.

In other words, you can't try and boost your own arguments by signing in with a different name to make a post to agree with yourself!

Fair play isn't too much to ask, I hope.

Cheers,

James

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Friday 10 October 2008 11.21am
Hi James

My partner and I use the same email address at home - makes life easier for us - my partner's log in name is Higher Watha and mine is Mini haha. So we are one email address but two different people with (usually) very differing opinions - hope this is okay with your system as we don't want to change our email address? Please advise. Many thanks.
Friday 10 October 2008 11.25am
That's no problem at all ... it's when one person engages in a particular conversation using more than one alias where things get difficult.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Friday 10 October 2008 12.03pm
Thanks for clarifying James.
Friday 10 October 2008 2.16pm
Hmm... I quite like the idea of having a row with myself.
Friday 10 October 2008 4.49pm
No you don't...
Friday 10 October 2008 6.05pm
As long as people stick to the truth and dont simply slag off council workers then we will be fine wont we.
Thursday 18 December 2008 6.44pm
I agree.
Thursday 18 December 2008 6.46pm
Me too.
Thursday 18 December 2008 6.48pm
Yarr!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: