SE1 Book Club 2009

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 11 of 36
nomad Wednesday 4 March 2009 12.52pm
Hope to be there too with SJ, still to finish Mary Reilly though!
Jac Wednesday 4 March 2009 5.50pm
looks like we wont be too late may even make it by 7.30pm. see you later
Jac Wednesday 4 March 2009 11.06pm
The winner for the next book is The Great Gatsby.
Laphroaig Thursday 5 March 2009 4.23pm
Sorry I missed yet again. I got a very, very last-minute ticket for Twelfth Night and couldn't pass up Derek Jacobi.
jackie rokotnitz Friday 6 March 2009 8.23am
Oh Gatsby Gatsby..what a great, great book. As usual I wont be there on first week in April but I wish you all a wonderful time, this is one of literature's masterpieces. We all had to write about it at university, I used it in my MA, the characters are timeless and everyone knows a Gatsby, a Daisy, a Tom...enjoy.
Shandie Monday 9 March 2009 10.53pm
Hi there..could someone pls confirm the date of the next meeting. thank you
Tattie Tuesday 10 March 2009 10.02am
First Wednesday in April would be the 1st (and no, that's not a joke)
juanita Tuesday 17 March 2009 12.10pm
I cannot make 1 April, sorry. There is something else already in my diary.
sheilakm Thursday 19 March 2009 8.23pm
Hi
Your book club sounds intriguing, I live locally and would very much like to join. Not sure how to go about joining/how often you meet?
juanita Thursday 19 March 2009 9.40pm
Just come along to the Britannia pub on Kipling Street - the book club is very informal, friendly & everybody is welcome, whether they have read the book or not! There are usually folk there from 7.30pm onwards. We meet once a month, generally on the first Wednesday of the month.
Current: 11 of 36

To post a message, you must be a registered user. If you are already registered, please log in.

Subscribe now

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,300+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum

Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions