Come Dine with Me in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4
Thursday 1 January 2009 5.53pm
No, they are not recruiting locally for the TV show, but I wondered if anyone would like to try a local version?

We would need 4 or 5 of us who don't know each other already, who can set aside 4 or 5 nights quite close together to cook a dinner in our own home, then do some secret scoring.

We could either do it for the fun or it, or perhaps donate some cash to a prize fund for the winner.

I may live to regret this suggestion, but anyone else interested?
Friday 2 January 2009 8.02pm
I did House Guest on ITV which was made by the same team. It was incredibly hard work, but if you want to do it I think it would be quite fun. I would not be keen as I made the discovery that unless your kitchen runs off the dining room (mine was down a flight of stairs), running up and down the stairs is a total pain. I am also quite ancient.

Another version is to do a course at each house, which could also be good fun, and cut the whole procedure down to one evening.

Good luck anyway!

http://barcelonavisit.com
Holiday flat in Barcelona
Saturday 3 January 2009 10.55am
Wouldn't qualify. That rendez-vous in South Croydon!

An SE1 touch would be that all ingredients had to come from Lidl or be SE1 grown made. (Giant rabbit in cider with Schwartzwalderschinken anyone?)
Saturday 3 January 2009 3.46pm
I have bay leaves and parsley - and three smallish goldfish.

Sunday 11 January 2009 8.26pm
I'd be interested ;o)..Sounds like it could be fun..Anyone else?
Sunday 11 January 2009 11.00pm
chavender wrote:
I have bay leaves and parsley - and three smallish goldfish.

I think you need more goldfish if you want to do more than a meal for one

...if you press it, they will come.
Monday 12 January 2009 8.11am
I hesitate to volunteer the cat since I have grown rather fond of him over the years - he might also be a bit tough as he is fifteen. No, he is not keen, he has just left the room in disgust.

Monday 12 January 2009 9.48am
I've always thought that if you skinned one, it would look pretty much like a rabbit.

...if you press it, they will come.
Monday 12 January 2009 4.27pm
In France we say that the only way to differentiate a cat from a rabbit is by the bones of the ribs (they are flat for the rabbit). Don't know wbout the flavour though...
Monday 12 January 2009 5.02pm
it sounds like a good idea, especially for new forum members who don't know anyone here. For me, I've already met a whole load of you anyway, so that would stop me, and a lot of others too, from participating.

However, something similar, amongst those who do know each other could easily be organised (isn't that just "going round to someone's house for dinner" though?).
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: