Dinner Club with a Twist!!!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Wednesday 28 January 2009 9.59am
Dear Neighbours

I am a new resident of Mill Street and I really like the neighbourhood. I am myself quite a “foodie” and I have, in the past, organized dining parties for friends and neighbours. Now, I would like to start a new dining club with a twist!!!

Each month I would invite a professional chef, an expert in different cuisines, to demonstrate and cook for up to 40 people. The events will be informal and guests would be welcome to arrive at any time between 5:00 pm until 7:00 pm so they could see the demonstration, taste the food, exchange ideas and learn new tips. There always will be good selection of food for everyone, especially for vegetarians, and we shall have waiting staff to make sure the evening runs smoothly.

As I believe there is strong connection between the food and the culture of each country, I would also like include other aspects of each country's culture, such as music and dance.

The first event is planned for the end of February and following that there would be one at the end of every month. I thought it would be a great idea to start with an Indian theme, together with an Indian dancer, and in the following months we could have Moroccan and Mediterranean based themes. This would cost about 30 per person for each event.

Please let me know your thoughts and ideas. If anyone locally is willing to share ideas and knowledge to help me organize all this, it would be wonderful.

Wednesday 28 January 2009 10.31am
Sounds brilliant!
I'm really happy you say vegetarians will be considered. I am definitely up for it, and my friend will be too. She works in SE1, though she lives in Eltham. She's obsessed with Indian food.
Wednesday 28 January 2009 11.02am
Yes I love the idea, I am new here too, just arrived in UK and in this area since few months. So I am definitely kind on doing that kind of thing and could help if you need to.
Wednesday 28 January 2009 3.09pm
It sounds interesting, but just out of curiosity, is this a business venture for you?
Wednesday 28 January 2009 4.59pm
Dear Kamran,

Welcome to SE1 and the forum.

I'd echo Laphroaig's request to please clarify whether this is a business venture - in which case it's not really what this forum is intended for.

PS - posting threads in three different forum sections wasn't very helpful, I'm afraid.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Thursday 29 January 2009 8.07am
Dear Beetroot, great to hear from you, would like to meet you anytime next week day/evening I am at unit9 St.Saviours Wharf 23-25 Mill Street. My phone number is 07792375362, please let me know when we can meet.
p.s. Some people have wondered if this is a business venture? MOST DEFINATELY IT IS NOT! It is my passion for food and making new friends, I am into property investment and development you can look at www.optimacambridge.co.uk hope to meet soon.
Thursday 29 January 2009 8.13am
Dear Annette, thanks for your reply, I would like to discuss it a bit more details, my number is 07792375362 you can ring any time. My address is St.Saviours Wharf 23-25 Mill Street unit 9.
p.s. Us foodies get ourselves into trouble this is not a business venture it would be financially supporting, it is not FOR PROFIT nor it is pyramid selling!
Kind Regards

Thursday 29 January 2009 8.19am
Dear James, I am new to computers as well as the area and forum WHOOPS!!!Apologies for any and all errors :)
The SE1 food club is definitely for people who enjoy food and the neighbourhood, It's definitely not for making money. I would like to invite you as my guests so you'll get to know the idea. Please let me know if you can come on thursday the 26th of February.
Thanks Kamran
Thursday 29 January 2009 11.59am
Thanks for clarifying, Kamran! It's definitely an interesting idea.
Thursday 29 January 2009 12.01pm
(By the way, there is a typo on your site's opening screen--"PETEBOROUGH".)
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: