Coffee@ protest meeting Thursday!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 2 February 2009 2.50pm
Just kidding, but now that I have your attention, the elusive markadams99 and I are meeting on Thursday at 8:30 pm at the Britannia to make a stab at working our way through the single malt list. Any and all SE1ers are welcome to join us!
Tuesday 3 February 2009 1.24pm
great thread title, and a great idea for a social too, unfortunately I'll be playing poker in The Marigold.

However, I have a recommendation - try the Glen Goyne, if they have any as it's fantastic.
Tuesday 3 February 2009 1.41pm
Thanks--I'll do that! (Or maybe at the book club on Wednesday!) I looked to see which days were already taken with other SE1 social events, but missed the poker night. Would Friday work better? It's another possibility.
Thursday 5 February 2009 2.23pm
Love to join in - but can't do this week or next.....
Thursday 5 February 2009 6.22pm
We will have to get up another meeting, obviously!
Thursday 5 February 2009 6.23pm
BTW, in case anyone does want to join, we're meeting at 7:30 rather than 8:30.
Friday 6 February 2009 9.30am
was it any good? Did you even go?

when in there on Wednesday night MrNomad and I tried two, the Aberlour, and the Glenrothes - both very nice, and quite different to each other.
Friday 6 February 2009 10.04am
Yes, we went! The Glengoyne was good but seemed a little alcohol-y, if you know what I mean. I will try it again sometime; I may not have been in the right mood for it last night, as I switched to Laphroaig afterward. I think next time I will just start at the top of the list and try them in order! Not all in one night, obviously.

BTW, there is a new guy behind the bar who hasn't a clue about whiskies. I had to spell the names several times and point out the bottles to him. I'm sure he'll get up to speed soon.

I think Mark liked the place quite a bit; he mentioned he'd like to come play chess there with a friend.

I'll see if we can arrange another evening in a couple of weeks so Tattie and you and other interested parties can come.
Friday 6 February 2009 1.13pm
a bit late, i know, but I'd like to join you if you have another tasting night - i think they have Talisker and I;ve been recommended to try it
Friday 6 February 2009 3.51pm
Sure--I'll find out when Mark can do it again and post here in Socials.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: