Tennis anyone?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Saturday 18 April 2009 12.00pm
Hi there,

I was wondering whether anyone would be interested in playing tennis with me at the courts on Tanner street.(I'd love to play tomorrow!). I am probably an intermediate sort of level. If you think you maybe interested please do get in touch. If a number of people express an interest i would happily run a tennis ladder.

Shandie.
cdx
Thursday 23 April 2009 3.52am
Hi Shandie,

I'm looking for someone to play tennis with. Unfortunately I'm not sure whether it would be any fun for an intermediate level player to play with me as I'm an absolute beginner. Usually I fare quite well in sports but I guess it's going to be a few hours before the ball starts listening to me.

I can play pretty much every day daytime and occasionally evenings.

If there's anybody like me out there who is willing to learn by practice (+books, +internet) please give me a shout. With the free courts around (Southwark park, Tanner park, Guy street park) and the cost of a racket being less than 15 pounds it should be a great and inexpensive way to keep fit and learn a new sport:)
Monday 27 April 2009 11.10am
Hi, Yes I want to get back in swing, so to speak, was quite able b4, free most evenings or mornings as live near B St hotel. Andrew (andrew.sommerville@aon.co.uk)
Monday 27 April 2009 11.50am
There have been previous requests for tennis on this forum. For a while Hitesh, and I used to play first thing on a Saturday morning at Tanner St. but we had to get there at 7:45 to get a court, otherwise they were full up at 8am, but when it wasn't busy they were nearly empty again at 10.

He was better than me (I'd put myself at lower intermediate), and he found a social tennis group that play on Saturdays 10 - 12 at Kennington Park. It's 3.50 for the two hours, but there's a good selection of people there, and they have all the balls, and a good coach type person who suggests the games.
Tuesday 28 April 2009 11.30pm
Hi All,

Apologies for the delayed reply....

CDX- I think you may be able to find someone to play with on the 'Londontennis' website..I found it and it looks like a good place to find a tennis partner..

Andrew01- Yes i'd like to play..i'll get in touch!..prob won't be able to play now until after the b/h w/e.

Jonr- Thanks for the suggestion..i'll take a look into that.

Shandie!
Monday 29 June 2009 7.54pm
Hi Shandie,

Are you still looking for tennis partners?

I'd love to play in the day-time if you're available?

Regards, Hitesh
Saturday 18 July 2009 2.46pm
Hi Hitesh, Apologies for not getting back to you before i haven't been on here for a while! Unfortunately i am not around during the day to play tennis. Can mainly do early mornings or evenings or weekends.
Thursday 23 July 2009 10.38pm
I am interested in playing tennis at Tanner St or Southwark Park at weekends. Can't remember last time I held a racquet but I can only improve with practice, right?!
Friday 24 July 2009 9.02am
I think we should start a little group as a few people last night said they would like to join us.

I think we have worked out its early morning b4 7.30 or you often have to wait an hour at Tanner Street. Is Southwark Park easy to get on Juanita ?
Friday 24 July 2009 11.19am
There are only 2 courts in Southwark Park
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: