Do you know of an SE1 writers group?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Thursday 28 May 2009 5.15pm
Hi SE1ers,

Does anyone know of a writers group that meets in SE1? I'm looking for a group that welcomes new writers where members bring along and discuss their work.

Best regards,

Friday 29 May 2009 12.49pm
Interesting idea. I write, but don't belong to any group. To be fair, the type of stuff I tend to write is probably not really what you would be looking for.

I think Morely college (no connection, although I am taking a class there for something completely different) does a writer's course.
Thursday 11 June 2009 3.18pm
I run a small writing group, but it's for women only.
Tuesday 23 June 2009 9.46am
Out of curiosity - what do you do in your writing group?
Tuesday 23 June 2009 3.55pm
We could always just all meet up in a pub one eve and chat about writing...I`d be interested.... and see where it goes from there.
Wednesday 24 June 2009 11.07am
Sounds like a plan. I'd particularly be interested finding out what others write about.
Tuesday 30 June 2009 3.28pm
Tattie wrote:
Out of curiosity - what do you do in your writing group?
well......we write. :-)
Tuesday 30 June 2009 5.15pm
so humour, with an ironic twist, then?
Wednesday 8 July 2009 12.34pm
Hmm - I think I should reconsider my own skills in stringing a sentence together.... What I meant was more along the lines of the following:
* do you review each other's writing
* do you write things there and then
* do you write fiction only or also news type stuff, and are they whole books only or also articles, columns and text books?

you know, that sort of thing....
Wednesday 8 July 2009 2.02pm

well, I set what we do each meeting. So we often write a limerick or a short story or whatever I think of. It keeps us on our toes and qick witted.

I'll write fiction but one or two of the others likes to write non fiction, so it makes interesting erading back.

reviewing of others' writing is usually what we've written there and then and not an ego thing or crtitique as such.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: