Come Picnic with us

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Wednesday 1 July 2009 12.04pm
The SE1 dinner party group are having a picnic in Southwark park on the 11th July. If you are interested in joining our group then this is an excellent chance to come and join us to find out more.

The dinner party club is ideal for anyone who enjoys good food, wine and company in an informal setting. We meet once a month in groups of 6, taking it in turns to host the dinner party and contribute an aspect meal. Each group varies from month to month so no two dinner party groups are the same . This is a strictly non competitive group and as each person contributes to the meal, you do not have all the work or all the cost.

If you would like to join us on our picnic then please let us know here and we will send you more details. If you would like to join the club but can not make the picnic then again let us know here and we will send you more details
Wednesday 1 July 2009 8.53pm
I will be there!
Thursday 2 July 2009 8.51am
I'd love to come!
Friday 3 July 2009 6.56am
I'd love to come but I'm very far from you and I'm very busy. I'd just join in your club and be a member if you don't mind.

Clan of Wedding Rings and Rings, New York
Friday 3 July 2009 7.29am
Andrew, if you are "far away" are you in SE1 at all?
Friday 3 July 2009 8.57am
Andrew, Perhaps you are a little too far away if the advert beneath your posting is correct. Every member takes a turn in being the host, the rest of us have to bring our starters, desserts and wines! New York is perhaps stretching the boundaries of SE1.

SJ and Nomad hope to be at the Picnic but will confirm nearer the time.
Friday 3 July 2009 1.10pm
jackie rokotnitz wrote:
I'd love to come!

Jackie I am sure you would be very welcome. Details are being finalised so i shall email you soon.

Does that mean you are going to be around more and thinking of joining the dinner party club ? (I do wish we had a better name for it sound s so 70s middle class ideas please) Or do you just want to join us to catch up on the gossip. Either is ok with us
Friday 3 July 2009 5.16pm
What's been so hard this year is that I've been here LOTS but I'm always up to my hocks looking after my mother who demands wall to wall attention since my step father died last Sept. It's terribly labour intensive. However am now here for July/August, as you know all coming to me 23rd July, and I'd be happy to be on the Dinner Circuit. Anyway see you at book club Weds.
Friday 3 July 2009 5.56pm
'Dinner Circuit' does sound slightly better
Friday 3 July 2009 8.34pm
Ah! Well it just came out like that...seemed like a proper description of the rotating dinner parties! Glad to have it adopted if it suits!
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: