SE1 Book Club 2010

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 1 of 35
Sunday 3 January 2010 8.30am
The first book club meeting of 2010 will take place on Wednesday 3 February at the usual venue (Britannia pub, Kipling St) from 7.30pm onwards. We will be discussing "When I Lived in Modern Times" by Linda Grant, but reading the book is not obligatory.

All SE1'ers welcome!
Jac
Sunday 3 January 2010 11.51am
juanita wrote:
reading the book is not obligatory.

But it is the general idea:)
Monday 4 January 2010 1.13pm
Preferable, but not obligatory then! I don't want to deter SE1'ers who think that this is a serious book club.
Monday 4 January 2010 2.39pm
How very dare you? I'm DEADLY serious about book club. I read the book, and have lovely lemonade shandy and someone else's chips..how more serious can you be? Admittedly if we didnt have the gossip it wouldnt be nearly so much fun, but why did I bother getting an MA in Eng. Lit if not to put it to work for book club?
Monday 4 January 2010 3.21pm
I know you take other people's chips very seriously, Jackie! Will we see you on 3 February?
Monday 4 January 2010 9.46pm
Lovely! Have been thinking about joining a book club. Duly diarised.
Tuesday 5 January 2010 10.03am
I shall indeed be present on 3rd Feb. I may (only MAY) buy my own chips.
Tuesday 5 January 2010 5.41pm
MrsR and myself have yet to decide if we'll attend the SE1 book clubs now that we're officially not living in SE1, and only just commuting through it (arriving by train at London Bridge, and leaving onwards via bus over same).

the venue is easy to get back from though so we probably will.
Tuesday 5 January 2010 7.06pm
JonR wrote:
MrsR and myself have yet to decide if we'll attend the SE1 book clubs now that we're officially not living in SE1, and only just commuting through it (arriving by train at London Bridge, and leaving onwards via bus over same).
the venue is easy to get back from though so we probably will.

Please do, we will miss you otherwise.

SaneJames or rather Nomad will post SJ's selection of books for March shortly! I have my instructions!
KO
Tuesday 5 January 2010 11.57pm
Hi there

Just moving to london (SE1) this weekend and would love to come along, will it be okay?

Kx
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 1 of 35

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: