SE1 Book Club 2010

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 20 of 35
boroughmark Sunday 2 May 2010 12.58pm
I will also be attending my first book club this Wednesday (May 5th) in order to beef up the numbers - although admit to not having read the book !!
Sidi Sunday 2 May 2010 1.31pm
I can make it, but did not manage to read the book, had to many things going on lately. Therefore I might miss it as I can not discuss about it.
Jac Sunday 2 May 2010 4.36pm
Sidi wrote:
I can make it, but did not manage to read the book, had to many things going on lately. Therefore I might miss it as I can not discuss about it.

Ok so you havent read the book dont let that stop you going if you want too. It happens to the best of us at times. Why not go so you can vote on the next book choice.
Tattie Sunday 2 May 2010 5.03pm
I can make it as it looks, but not the 12th. Started the book, but not managed to finish the book.
JonR Sunday 2 May 2010 9.48pm
over half way through the book, will hopefully have finished by Wednesday.
chustler Monday 3 May 2010 4.01pm
I'll be there on the 5th, but prob not til nearer 8. Do I get extra brownie points for having READ the book or shall I just talk amongst myselves????
Reli Monday 3 May 2010 4.12pm
ah i think i will also need to do an all nighter to finish the book by wed! see you there!
Tattie Wednesday 5 May 2010 4.04pm
I will hoepfully see you all later, but certainly not mcuh before 9. Don't wait for me with discussing the book though, I have not managed to finish it due to some other deadlines that are looming......
MrsR - RTW Wednesday 5 May 2010 8.21pm
we've decided on the secret history. Live update from book club. Hope everyone is well. See you next month.
chustler Wednesday 12 May 2010 11.38am
OMG! - What have we done?

I've just got a copy of this month's book choice - The Secret History, Donna Tartt - through the post from ebay, and not only is it the size and weight of a house brick but it's 524 pages of small sized print.

JonR, I think you were right to suggest the renegade choice of War and Peace afterall!

looks like my social life will go back into hibernation whilst I try and read this tome.
Current: 20 of 35

To post a message, you must be a registered user. If you are already registered, please log in.

Subscribe now

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,300+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum

Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions