25 April London Marathon

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 5 April 2010 9.55pm
Does anyone want to get together to cheer on Julie & friends during the London Marathon?
Tuesday 6 April 2010 1.54pm
Please also cheer me on - I am running for the Spinal Injuries association! If anyone feels like doing there bit for charity do feel free to sponsor me :) ...
http://www.virginmoneygiving.com/JemmaCouchman
Saturday 24 April 2010 3.44pm
Well, I guess I have to throw my hat in the ring...

If you're there tomorrow and see a barefoot man running for AGE UK then it'll be me. Please give me a big shout and I'll give you a big wave!
Saturday 24 April 2010 7.37pm
Excellent - hope to see you near Tower Bridge - good luck!
Saturday 24 April 2010 8.31pm
thanks! hope to see you there!
Monday 26 April 2010 8.14am
Well done, Julie!!!!

...if you press it, they will come.
Monday 26 April 2010 10.28am
have they finished yet? ;-)
Monday 26 April 2010 11.34am
According to the Virgin Marathon results site, Julie finished in 5:42:14 hurrah!! Well done Julie!
Tuesday 27 April 2010 8.26am
Gosh, I'm impressed. The farthest I ever run is to the loo....well done all of you!
Wednesday 28 April 2010 2.37pm
Yes, I am now a marathon runner. Totally thrilled and completely exhausted! Leg buckled at about 16 miles so last 10 was a combination of stretch, walk, run ... and repeat, which obviously slowed me down somewhat. But I ran the last mile and half, there was no way I wasn't running that last bit! It's been an amazing journey (only started training at beginning of December) and I highly recommend it ... so much so I hope to do it again next year!
But what does really help is all the support, pre-marathon and on the day. Don't underestimate how much it helps to hear your name being shouted around the course (though it helps if you're dressed as a womble. I wasn't but ran alongside one for a while)
Thanks to all my friends in SE1 xxxx

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: