Socials????

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 30 April 2010 9.12am
Hello,

Although I've lived in SE1 I have only recently discovered the site. When is the next social? I need to meet new people.

Thanks
Friday 30 April 2010 11.26am
Bookclub is probably next (Wed 5th) - check out the thread in this section
Jac
Friday 30 April 2010 11.33am
Or if you are interested there is still one place left on rota for the dinner party club (get to meet 6 new people every month over dinner to which you contribute a part).

But this could be a good reason to arrange a general drinks social in a pub we havent done that for ages always nice to meet new people. Anyone got some suggested dates/venues?
Friday 30 April 2010 12.26pm
I would love some informal drinks in a pub!
Friday 30 April 2010 12.31pm
I love the idea too! Anyone up for drinks at some point over the long weekend? Sunday evening perhaps? Or is that too soon?
Friday 30 April 2010 1.45pm
Sunday afternoon is ideal (or indeed Sunday evening, as originally suggested in the post above)

Quick - start a new thread, make sure you get new people involved!

chose a pub you like, not necessarily one of the regular ones that the usual suspects like

how about somewhere in the east of SE1 - waterloo, lambeth bridge kind of way, or how about near North Lambeth tube.

do bother going for committee, and giving people a choice - just pic a pub, and a time.

Those who want to make the effort will do.
Friday 30 April 2010 1.50pm
Suggestions for venue - Jacks Lounge or EV on Isabella Street, in between Waterloo & Southwark tubes, behind The Cut. If the weather is nice, there is outdoor seating :-)
Friday 30 April 2010 2.05pm
Thanks Juanita! I have posted a new thread...hopefully lots will come! Looking forward to meeting fellow SE1-ers for the first time!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: