Picnic in the park?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 7 June 2010 2.46pm
Bermondsey Festival is taking place this Saturday, 12 June in Southwark Park 12-6pm. Anybody fancy a picnic in the park? Entertainment includes Stacy Solomon, the X Factor finalist from Essex.

Intrigued by the wording on Southwark Council's website - no alcohol but there is going to be a beer tent?
What if I don't like beer?!
Monday 7 June 2010 5.59pm
juanita wrote:
What if I don't like beer?!

Oooh, I'll overlook that remark - you just haven't tried the right beers...However, I have a suggestion for 'disguising' alcohol - though it's probably only suitable for spirits like vodka, or......vodka. Get a watermelon and use a large syringe (no idea how you would get one) or create a hole & place the spout of a small funnel into the melon and inject / pour the spirit in (in stages). Ensure that you somehow catch all the 'juices' when you Carve it up on the day.

So, for wine - perhaps someones back pack has one of those hidden integrated 'water' pouches? C'mon, get inventive.

Could also try the alternative 'Great Escape' method (work it out).
Monday 7 June 2010 6.21pm
and then of course there's the clear spirit in a water bottle trick;

and that lovely spanish concoction which involves mixing red wine with coke (equal measures) which looks and tastes disturbingly like Dr Peppers;

and re-sealable or screw top juice cartons hide a multitude of .... well, anything, as long as they're opaque.

For more great ideas see my forthcoming bestseller - "101 ways to smuggle drinks into festivals"
Tuesday 8 June 2010 12.00am
Can't wait for the best seller - will it be out in time for the 12th of June(this year)??
Tuesday 8 June 2010 8.34am
Tattie wrote:
will it be out in time for the 12th of June(this year)??

i'm afraid you'll need to be patient a tad longer, as I'll be doing more research this weekend (10-12th June), in early July (1st-4th July) and perhaps also in August. I want to verify the contents to a failsafe standard before publishing - afterall, an author is nothing without integrity!
Tuesday 8 June 2010 2.27pm
We'll be around early on if the weather holds, disappearing to a birthday barbeque at about 3ish. Do your best to look obvious and we'll pop over. There's a threat.
Wednesday 9 June 2010 2.42pm
I'm going to be treasure hunting on the 12th after all - sorry....
Wednesday 9 June 2010 3.53pm
will they have a big screen showing the England Match afterwards?
Thursday 10 June 2010 1.50pm
We're going with the Plumlets. Weather should be dry on Sat even if not sunny. Would be happy to picnic with any forumers who are going. Plan to get there about 2.
Saturday 12 June 2010 9.33am
i'd like to go to the picnic this afternoon. any ideas about how will i might be able to find you?
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: