Live music listings

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 8 October 2010 4.18pm
I love live music of any form. Where can I find local gig guide for pubs, clubs, etc? Is there space in SE1 website for this kind of listing.. if not perhaps we can use this discussion thread to advertise gigs, talent nights, etc.
Saturday 9 October 2010 7.58am
First wander revealed
Tonite (Sat 9 Oct) promises "Hot Cherry Duo" singing covers from 8pm at The Hartley pub in Tower Bridge Road.
Some live Ethiopian music (soulful singer, etc.) at the Wabe Shebelle restaurant in New Kent Road, there is a small bar but better to eat while you listen.
Saturday 9 October 2010 2.01pm
The Gladstone in 64 Lant Street has often live music too.
Wednesday 13 October 2010 9.05pm
The Miller in Snowsfields also has live music on Wednesdays, there were 3 bands gathering at the door when I passed there this afternoon.
Del Aziz has live jazz on Wednesday and Saturday.
Hartley says singer Jim Harmer early on Friday (15 Oct) then So Que jazz from 8 looking good for nice Latin music according to their myspace slot. Then more Jim on Saturday.
OK, its music but of its own kind.. Bermondsey Square has open mike poetry on 19 Oct, with headline act Jacob Sam le Rose.
Wednesday 13 October 2010 10.06pm
The Miller in Snowsfields also has live music on Wednesdays, there were 3 bands gathering at the door when I passed there this afternoon.

Del Aziz has live jazz on Wednesday and Saturday.

Hartley says music will be regular on Saturday, but this Friday they also add So Que jazz, looking like nice Latin tunes if the myspace page anything to go by.

OK, its music but of its own kind.. Bermondsey Square has open mike poetry on 19 Oct.

By the way moderator, can anyone post events we hear of or should it be the promoter? what about reviews?
Friday 22 October 2010 7.04am
the VB's playing live at The Crown friday 5th november from 8.30pm
pub rock/ covers/
can also be found playing at the big easy bar in chelsea
Friday 22 October 2010 9.05am
something different, I see Katzenjammers at Hop Exchange advertises Friday night oom-pah band - brass band playing pop to web reviews (enthusiastic on the music, beer and food, not so keen on the beer price).
Saturday 23 October 2010 7.09pm
Met Dan today who is one of musicians running The Gladstone pub ("The Glad") in Lant Street, near Borough tube. They have folk, country, blues, some rock, some jazz, all live, mostly original, every Thurs, Sat, Sun, no cover charge, real ale, etc. Next Monday (25 Oct) will be Irish folk night, they update their facebook and www.myspace.com/theglad pages fairly regularly.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: