Come Dine with Us in 2011

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4
Current: 4 of 4
Jac Sunday 10 July 2011 12.19pm
The June Foodies met last night a few weeks late and enjoyed the following:

Cheese Stuffed Peppers and Olives
Sebastian Spumante Brut Rose

Potato and Courgette Tortilla with Garden Salad
(all the vegetables for this delcious course were grown in SE1)
Domaine Roc de Chateauvieux Touraine 2009
Chateaux Grimont Bordeaux Rose 2010

Barbecued Mediterranean Lamb
Tabouleh
Mediterranean fat bread
Yogurt and cucumber sauce
Marques de Carano Gran Reserva 2002
Ryan Rose S.E.Australian Shiraz Rose 2010

Summer Fruit Compote with Almond Vodka
Creme Fraiche
Domaine l'Ancienne CureMonbazillac 2009

Two Varities of Stilton
Coffee
Single malt Whisky

It was a lovely evening the majority of which was enjoyed in the Warm (ish) night air before retiring inside for dessert and cheese

I am still waiting for a reply from some re the next rota and reserves and the preference for the date of the larger get together is still split 50;50. Will let you know as soon as a clear winner emerges but in the meantime if you can keep the dates free that would be good.
Plum Sunday 31 July 2011 2.04am
The July Foodies met tonight and a good time was had by all!

We started with Royal Mojitos - (usual mint, lime, rum combo) with Vintage Codorniu 2009 brut as the mixer instead of the usual lemonade. Garlic stuffed olives, cornichons and a variety of cheese, chive etc bread sticks & twists.

Our starter was an extremely tasty goats cheese tart with 4 different types of roasted tomatoes and wild rocket salad. Light and delicious! Beautifully matched with an English rose Pinot Noir, Ashcombe Hill and a Spanish white Rueda - Palacio de Menade 2010.

Main was North African "Jewelled" poussin with preserved lemons, almonds, sultanas and pomegranite cous-cous. Accompanied by a few bottles of very tasty Old Vine Tempranillo.

Our thoroughly summery dessert was a Strawberry Shortcake complimented by 2 great dessert wines. Cristal Or Muscat 2009 and Chateau Bastor-Lamontagne Sauternes.

We then enjoyed coffee and Croft 2004 Unfiltered late bottled vintage Port.

Thanks to all for a fantastic night, great to catch up over superb food and drink.
juanita Monday 8 August 2011 3.19pm
the Gourmets met on Friday 29 July and the menu was

- salmon and crème fraiche or sundried tomato houmous homemade blinis for nibbles

- warm chicken & orange salad with cashew nuts

- lamb daube in red wine served with parsley & butter mash and green beans

- lemon tart and a blackcurrant compote

Sadly, the host forgot to note the names of the wines down, but a merry evening was had by all!
Jac Sunday 14 August 2011 10.50am
Around 20 of the come dine with us group met for its first ever drinks party. With every one bringing a dish, there are too many to list here and ditto the wines but need less to say there was a fabulous spread.

Thank you everyone who came for your contribution. It made hosting the party very easy. It was nice to meet some of the new faces that are joining us and I hope you are all now looking forward to the next round of dinner parties coming up.

For those in the group that didn't make it, you missed a great evening of fun company and great food and drink. However as it was a big success, it may have been the first but I am sure it will not be the last such gathering, so hopefully you will make it next time.

And finally, a few tubs and dishes got left behind so please feel to knock next time your passing to pick them up.
dronid Monday 15 August 2011 1.10pm
Indeed, the drinks party was excellent. Thanks for hosting Jac! The array of food was astonishing and, rather sadly I feel I've overdone it. Either I now have angina or a three day bout of indigestion. Must reign it in next time!
KatG Monday 15 August 2011 10.21pm
Hello

Is there any chance of getting onto the rota/ reserve list for this? Would be willing to host / contribute dishes/wine - sounds great!

Thanks
Kat
Jac Tuesday 16 August 2011 9.04am
Hi Kat

Send me a private a private message (click on Reply via PM at bottom of post) with your email address and I will email you with more details of how the group works.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4
Current: 4 of 4

To post a message, you must be a registered user. If you are already registered, please log in.

Subscribe now

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,300+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum

Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions