Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Sunday 7 April 2002 6.50pm
I'm a club player (London League) looking for a local opponent, preferably fairly strong although would consider a novice with flair if you can make me smile!

Also scouting for players to complete a second team of 8.

Have bike, can travel.
Monday 8 April 2002 1.00pm
Hello Del,

I live on the E and C roundabout, as for my level that's relative to my opponent but I used to play a lot. I'm sure we can sort something out,

Thursday 11 April 2002 8.33pm
Hi peter,
Great stuff! how about a game then? Do you know Archbishops Park?
It's roughly halfway between where you live and where I am (Waterloo)
If you like, we could meet on Saturday or Sunday afternoon at 2:00pm by the tennis
courts. There are some picnic tables there and it's fairly quiet.

Let me know if you can make it on either day or make a suggestion if it's a bit too
short notice. If not this week it will have to be the week after next for me.

Hope to sort something out soon.

Thursday 19 April 2007 8.30pm
Anyone still interested? I like speed chess and coffee.
Friday 20 April 2007 11.56am
I like speed chess too, though I'm absolutely rubbish at planning my diary so I try not to promise to do things if dropping out at short notice is a problem. Anyway, I live in Bermondsey so keep me posted!

On that subject, my team will be looking for a couple of extra players for next season. It's the civil service league, but it merged with the municipal league years ago, so you can generally sneak in if you work for a Council, the Post Office (not that I'd admit it here if I did!) and so on. We are the third team for our club, with grades between around 80 and 130.
Friday 20 April 2007 1.08pm
If you want, propose a time and place. I'm in Shad Thames. There's plenty of caffs to play in the sunshine or on my balcony. Not Sunday afternoon. Doesn't matter if we need to cancel.
Friday 20 April 2007 8.59pm
i'd love to join in. pub or park.
Monday 23 April 2007 9.52am
Both sound good - do we know of any pubs that have sets, or should we take some with us? Park could be tricky in the unpredictable weather, though it's been years since I played with a giant outdoors set, is there one in London?

Otherwise yes, let's just do it, - I have a bad couple of weeks coming up, but the weekend of the 12th/13th May is quite promising, or an evening of the week following.

As a starter for 10, how about the afternoon of Sunday 13th, upstairs at the Angel (just into SE16 again, what can I say, I'm selfish - but near the tube, quiet, good beer, river views...)

Harry where are you?
Monday 23 April 2007 12.35pm
The venue is fine, but I'm away from May 12th - 21st. Too bad On Sundays are ok before 3pm or after 8pm. Saturdays ok. I have a set and clock.
Monday 23 April 2007 12.54pm
Right... well, I'm away for the Bank Holiday weekend after that, but then better at the start of June as far as I know. Early on Sundays isn't advisable for me as I DJ at a club on Saturdays which closes at 4am on the other side of town!
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: