Royal Wedding barbecue

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Friday 29 April 2011 3.03am
Hi does anyone fancy joining me at the Royal Wedding Barbecue at the Royal Quarter today? I am new to the area and would like to make new friends
Monday 2 May 2011 5.01am
I knew noone would reply - so much for new friends! :O
Monday 2 May 2011 10.01pm
Sorry, was busy sitting on the terrace drinking Pimm's & Lemonade. We could do a re-run with the DVD?
Tuesday 3 May 2011 9.57am
That sounds like a good idea! Thanks for the reply :)
Wednesday 4 May 2011 9.27am
I'm not surprised that no one replied, you did post the original message at 4 in the morning, the day of the wedding. most people would probably have had stuff organised several days, if not weeks in advance. Coming home on the tube on Thurday night we saw people dolled up on their way out to secure spots to watch the procession.

I'm sure there will be other events that you can come to to make new friends. there's always something going on.
Wednesday 4 May 2011 10.33pm
I know I couldn't sleep and woke up at 4am can you believe that!? It must have been all the excitement for the day..

That is a shame though as I really wanted to share the special occasion with others! I settled for my own company and a pint of lager in the end.
Wednesday 4 May 2011 10.35pm
Did I say lager?! I meant wine I'm no 'geezer bird'!!
Thursday 5 May 2011 9.07am
Wow, you had a pint of wine? You must have been excited.
Thursday 5 May 2011 9.21am
Yes I know I was wasted! :)
Thursday 5 May 2011 7.27pm
jane123 wrote:
That is a shame though as I really wanted to share the special occasion with others!

Perhaps host a nostalgic 'Not The Royal Wedding' event. a re-run with special issue tissues, discounted napkins (50p a set in Tescos just now), post event ironic commentary? Could be a hoot..

We could all display complete indifference or pretend not to care.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: