NOT Firework Night

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 4 November 2011 8.41am
Despite the fact that I generally invite everyone over for Firework Night, I'm NOT going to do it this year because a)it's going to pour with rain and b)I only just arrived and dont think I can get it together and c)after the Summer party where so many people just didnt show up without saying anything before or afterwards I'm a bit jaded! However, have a good time everyone.,
Friday 4 November 2011 1.32pm
There is a poster on Grange Road, stating that Southwark Council are having a fireworks display at Bermondsey Spa park 7pm.
Monday 7 November 2011 10.40am
Hi Jackie - hope you are feeling less jaded! I for one missed your legendary hospitality, but I don't blame you for opting out - you cannot continue to entertain all of SE1 endlessly - but I would like to say how much I have enjoyed your many parties and how grateful I am for all the trouble and thought you have taken in entertaining so many virtual strangers in your lovely flat.

http://barcelonavisit.com
Holiday flat in Barcelona
Monday 7 November 2011 10.58am
Thanks Chavender, and actually it DIDNT rain, as expected. But apart from that I was rather...how shall I put it...offended I guess by the cavalier approach by so many people at the Summer do, who said they were coming and didnt. It's just impolite for a start. And as you point out this is our HOME and not some pub where no one will notice! Ah well, I will doubtless regain my momentum by Summer althoughwe shall have the Olympics which will be competition! Olympic fireworks will probably be great!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: